To celebrate New Year's Eve:
A list of 5 songs featuring annoying lines sung by kids!:
1. Sparks - Who Don't Like Kids. I used to dislike this song. Now I don't! Aaah, Sparks, is there any way to end my blatent bias towards everything you produce?
2. XTC - Dear God. This song would really be much better without the annoying kid voice at the start. Darned voice.
3. The Nice - America. This rendition of Leonard Bernstein's America ends with an annoying kid dubiously claiming that "America is pregnant with promise and anticipation, but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable." Or so I only vaguely remember, because I deleted it ages ago. Another reason for disliking it is that it is not, as I thought 10 minutes ago, by The Alan Parsons Project, so I can't make any hovercraft jokes.
4. The Dukes Of Stratosphear - Have You Seen Jackie? The annoying kid voice in this is forgiven, because it sounds a bit like a parody of the annoying kid voice in the previous song.
5. The Dukes Of Stratosphear (Again.) - Brainiac's Daughter. No real excuse this time, but it does nicely add to the general 60s psychedelia vibe of the song/album/band.
So in conclusion, yes, this list is kinda lame because 3 of the songs on it are really by the same artist! Happy New Year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home