Probably shouldn't post here while halfway through trying to read a paper, but...
"When we ask real deceived people whether they would like to always know the truth, we can reasonably suspect their positive answer is a hope that they will find out that their illusory beliefs are true" - Joseph Mendola
I quite like that line, for some reason. I also like this guy because he's arguing for Hedonism. Woo! Hedonism! (On the other hand, now, a bit further in this paper, he's making me feel like I can't quite understand him as I am insufficiently familiar with Berkeley, which is not a good thing.)
Speaking of Hedonism, I've been spending too much time not working, and playing Fall From Heaven. It's a Civ 4 mod. I've played it before, and it's always been fun, but now it has scenarios! Scenarios! Maaaan, it feels like HoMM 3 or something. (Not in gameplay, or anything. Just insofar as it... Has scenarios.)
Gooood times.
(Also from Mendola: "I find it hard to believe that the presence or absence of false barns in one’s vicinity... could plausibly be held relevant to one’s well-being")

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home