Monday, November 24, 2008

Come to the front of the class and we'll measure your brain

Throughout the HSC, every year of uni, working on my honours thesis, and worrying about taking tutorials, I think I have never been quite as stressed as I am now. Now being when I'm trying to work on applications for overseas PhDs. All this writing of statements, looking for recommendations, gathering of supplementary material, figuring out deadlines, figuring out requirements, tailoring individual responses, negotiating websites, distinguishing between what can be submitted online and what must be mailed, figuring out how to even use the mail system... I'm really not good at any of this stuff. I'm out of my elephant. I can't breathe.

On the subject of which, next week The Mountain Goats will make everything better. They always do. Or, at least, have once before.

Also, it's plausible that I only feel this all to be more stressful than those other times because, you know, this is now, those were then. The bias towards the immediate, and all that. Though I think I was genuinely not at all stressed for at least those first three items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home