Trainzzz
So I'm in St. Andrews! Have been for the last few days. It's pretty good! Great weather, great scenery, great uni, great etc. I might go into more detail later, but right now I want to go on about how I got here. Namely, via Train!
Trains!
Trains are awesome. Like, I'm thinking Best Way To Travel. Here's why I caught the train: for a while, with everyone going on about how much cheaper it is to fly, I thought I'd be catching a plane up here. But then I discovered that the price to get my baggage up here via plane would be more than double the cost of the ticket. Then, with discounts from my under-25 railcard, and random only sudden discounts for no apparent reason, the train from London to Leuchars (the nearest station to St. Andrews) came out much cheaper. We're talking, like, £35, including all my baggage. This is a pretty good deal!
But leaving price aside, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the train. Sure, it takes much longer, like maybe 3 or 4 times as long. But so much easier! Leaves from the middle of town, no frickin' getting to and from the airport with huge amounts of bags (Okay, so I got a cab to the train station, which was a good £20, but still). None of this checking in crap, none of this trying to find your way around a confusing airport thing. I like it!
The train was pretty full, but, even though the seat next to me was booked, the dude who should've been sitting there never showed up, so I had a pretty sweet, spacious journey. There was free wi-fi, but my laptop was a bit too big to make use of that without a table-seat, which I did not have. I spent most of the trip listening to music or reading Scott Pilgrim (Good times!) I did sometimes get a tiny bit motion-sickly, especially if I tried to play DS, but then I would just take a quick break. The country-side was great. Cliffs, oceans, trees, absurdly stereotypical British villages. Nice.
I think I'll conclude this by saying: Trains don't suck! Yessss!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home