So, St. Andrews eh?
I'm in St. Andrews! How about that. It's pretty good here. Good weather, a decent supermarket (Morrison's?) not tooo far away (though some kind of Harris Farms type place would be delightful (UPDATE!: I just had a salad made of stuff from Morrison's, and it was Delicious! So, good stuff. Their range isn't huge (fresh fruit/vegwise), but their produce is good!)). The uni is good, the classes are good, the people are good, the Good is good, the good good good good. Everyone I meet seems to think I'm English. Or occasionally American. Or, in one case, German. No one yet has managed to guess that I'm Australian. Until I tell them, I mean. Then they guess it, on the basis of fairly strong evidence.
Here's where I'm living, a flat in a university-housing-complex-thing by the name of Albany Park:
It's a rather horrible looking building, and not that much prettier on the inside, especially since I've already made a mess of my room:
Also, it can be kinda loud, especially when people... Open doors. It was also incredibly hot, until I worked out how to turn the radiator down. Anyway, the surroundings are much prettier. Here's the view from my window:
See, a view of the ocean! If you can look past the Other Horrible Albany Park Buildings, and Car Parks and whatnot. Still, pretty awesome walking along the beach to and from uni. In fact, here's some shots of the beach! It has a sandy part, and a rocky part. The rocky part rocks. The sandy part... Also has its merits.
And because I can't think of anything much witty or interesting to accompany it, here's a picture of Albany Park/St. Andrews from atop a hill:
And here's a picture of my feet, which were frickin' cold after taking these photos.
I don't think I'll be walking around barefoot any more, at least until Winter's over.

1 Comments:
lol, it looks like your room could be messier.. that bookshelf looks malnourished ^_^||
aaw, I'm jealous of the lovely non-building-type scenery, though not of the cold weather, which I assume I'm allergic to.
Post a Comment
<< Home