Am Using.
This Thing, which purports to look at a piece of your writing and tell you who you write like, is quite amusing for a while. (I discovered it via Mighty God King.) Sadly (judging by the MGK comments thread) it seems to have a really limited amount of authors to compare you to... But it appears to have discovered something:
With a very few deviations, the vast majority of my philosophical writing is compared to H. P. Lovecraft. Who I've never read. If not him, it tends to be either Stephen King or Edgar Allan Poe. So yeah, apparently I write philosophy like a horror author. Same goes for my blog posts.
The results for my (old and crappy) fiction is much more varied, but tends towards Joyce or Atwood, which I don't believe for a second.
This post, incidentally, also gets likened to Atwood. Even with this addition.
(Speaking of writing, I should do more of it. On this blog. And on my dissertation too, actually. *sigh*)

2 Comments:
I did it four times, and got four different authors (I would have done it more, but I was already running out of substantial, recent writing samples); the most recent I got was Nabokov. I hear he's really good?
Thumbs up for Nabokov! I thought you were reading some Nabokov recently... Or thinking of doing so? I'm pretty sure I remember recommending Pale Fire to... Someone.
Post a Comment
<< Home