Saturday, August 27, 2005

Bag those toenails!

I'm back! A day early, due to predicted crouds, declining snow quality, and general laziness.

Still, that was some fabulous skiing! Great conditions, great weather, good snow, good runs, good equipment, good everything!

What's more, this year I didn't have to slightly hesitate when random people in the T-bar queue ask me "Are you single?"
*Groaaan*

What's even more, I tripped over less in three days than some people manage in 30 seconds!

Actually, I did have one particularly bad and retarded trip. As I was skiing into Front Valley, I started thinking "Damn, now I'm going into Front Valley I'll have to watch out for newbies snowploughing their way across the mountain... In fact, here comes one now!" So I internally made a big mental deal of shifting my attention to this person, actually a perfectly competent skier, coming vaguely in my direction... And promptly lost control of my right ski, sent it flying across my other one, sent myself flying straight to the ground, and sent a wad of ice flying up my back. I could hear the laughing of people on the chairlift above me as I tried to casually spring back upright and speed away... But unfortunately that took some doing, as one of my skis was sticking out at a right angle to the slope. Still, that minor mishap aside, I was a consummately debonair skier the whole week, I'm suuuuure.

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 7:55 pm, Blogger Stella Orientis said...

Hey at least you know what snow is like. I don't even have that.

As for the laughing chairlift people, clip their cable...pack of bastards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home