Chimney never looked so good.
I really miss The Tree... The location, that is. More specifically, the fact of having some place to go where one could always be fairly sure of seeing friends (Within a given time of the day, at least)...
I'm sure that was a pretty damned obvious sentiment, but there it is.

2 Comments:
me too, most definitely. i have a small daydream where a friend and i choose a bench in the botanical gardens, or somewhere nice, where we go sit unplanned whenever we feel like it, so on all these occasions you'd just bump into them there. anyway, it's a bit stupid, because i doubt i'd go there often enough to bump in. but it's definitely a tree-missing thing. :) but it was pretty super and comforting, wasn't it? i like remembering it. we should all have a picnic. PICNIC!
A picnic...at the tree.
People in their almost but not quite 20s going to school for a picnic, joy and rapture!
I too miss the tree, but not in the same way. I didn't always like the tree, in fact I would just as often avoid it as seek it out. It was sometimes a place of warmth, comfort and friendship. At other times it was a place of conflict and frustration.
Though I will ever look fondly on the tree, I remember it more as a place in which I spent much of my life than as a place that gave me a net profit of happiness.
Post a Comment
<< Home