Any old lie will do
Avocado Juice! Delicious! Who'd've thought it? To be fair, it was more like a kind of sweet avacado flavoured dessert beverage. I mean, obviously if you just tried to juice an avacado you wouldn't get very far.
Anyway, that's what I had for dinner last night. Also, some kind of plate of miscellaneous eatables, called a "Vegetarian Delight," a bowl of dry noodles in shallot sauce, and 2 Vegetarian Buns. Am I doomed to eat foods with "Vegetarian" in their names for the rest of my life? Anyway, I probably haven't made it sound like much, but it was truly the most delicious meal I have had in months. Though I do have a short memory for food. If this was actually a food-blog, or I was actually a foodie-type, I'm sure I would've taken a photo with my new camera. Before I ate it. Oh, and the meal was at Din Tai Fung, in World Square. Recommended!
In related news, immediately after the meal I saw The Dodos and Fleet Foxes. The former exceeded my moderate expectations, the latter met my extremely high expectations. Still, that's all the review I'm giving it. If you want more then, as per usual, this guy has more. Or, you know, ask me some time. But don't expect much coherence. Hell, even that guy is hardly coherent. I think I am a little skeptical about the ability to be, all at once, coherent, expansively informative, and evaluative in a concert review. I mean, an album review, sure, but... Well, I can't imagine myself giving much more than a "OMGFLEETFOXESARETEHWONDERFUL" after a concert. Maybe a "THEYPLAYEDINSTRUMENTSWELL" if you're lucky. But then, that's probably just me. And actually, it's also probably just me now. Like, at 1 am the following night. Maybe I'll give it a real try after David Byrne in a month's time, considering I suspect no one else I know will be seeing it for themselves. Or caring.
I'm damn excited about David Byrne.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home