Skye? Hi!
So I went to the Isle of Skye with the St. Andrews Philosophy Reading Party last weekend, and it was excellent. Unfortunately, I don't feel I have much to say about it, basically because a certain James has already said it all, with greater vividity and thoroughness than I suspect I could muster (and that may be the first time in my life I have spelt "thoroughness" correctly without assistance).
Still, I suppose I could just point out the two major points of departure between our experiences!
1) I went there and back via the minibus, rather than in Simon's car. This was probably a less exciting affair, as my inability to go for extended periods of time without filling my ears with music, and my tendency to get carsick if I tried to turn around to converse with the Americans behind me, combined to incline me towards listening to my iPod much of the way up. Of course, that was kinda awesome, because the music was great. Just felt a taaad anti-social.
2) Sadly I did not join Konrad's acclaimed car trip to Talisker Rock, as I was heartily losing a game of Munchkin when it began (fun fact for Munchkin aficionados!: during this game I reached level 7, but then lost to the Wright Brothers. Back to level 1! Awesome). I did, however, later join a six-person stroll to said rock, and encountered the returning Konrad-Car en route, plus one rambling Skorupski. It was bracing, but involved significantly fewer seaweed-swords. Took about 4 hours there and back.
All in all, an excellent time! Rocks, waters, foods, conversations, sheeps... All one could possibly want from life. Or five things one could possibly want from life, anyway.

2 Comments:
What did you guys do on your trip to Talisker rock? Or rather, what did you do when there? I have heard nothing of this.
Not that much! Pretty much, I ran off on my own to splash around, cool my feet, draw in the sand, ill-advisedly drink from the river, and clamber halfway towards the Rock before noticing everyone else was heading back to the road. The others seemed to either sit around enjoying the view, or wandered briefly around the beach. We didn' spend much time there at all, 15 minutes tops.
Post a Comment
<< Home