Well, from here they look like books!
Lately I have come to occasionally blame all my bad moods entirely (irrationally, of course) on my glasses.
I got these glasses about a year ago... (I think that's around when I started getting increasingly frequent bad moods, though that might just be a bit of Retconning on my behalf). They are, of course, the crappy transition type glasses. I loathed the idea at the time, but assured myself that I'd get used to them, and/or I could get new ones if I didn't like them, and/or they would protect my eyes from all that UV damage that doesn't seem to be bothering anyone else.
Anyway, I never did get used to them, and they suck. Aside from the fact that I'm convinced they look shite, and this makes me often self-conscious, they also render absolutely everything a dull, brown, poo-shade. All those wonderfully bright colours I used to enjoy... Now poo-shady.
It really hit home for me when I was skiing. What with the skiing, one tends to wear goggles. These goggles render everything a yellowy shade (pee-shade). Most years I would occasionally take them off occasionally to admire the beautiful white snow, or lovely green trees... But this year I realised that when I did that... Everything was still off colour... Poo-shady. (Yes, I wear my glasses under my goggles. It looks dumb, but I can't be arsed with contact lenses).
I was thinking about it again today in the park... Lovely green grass, lovely blue ski, lovely... colourful playground equipment; all rendered in... couleur d'excrément! Of course, I could take my glasses off, but then all I get is some blurry distant shapes, looking a little more colourful than before.
The point is I'm sick of it, and I'm going to get myself some new damn glasses soon.
Yay!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home