Bloody red bats, squelching offal! Foaming mutilations in the kiss of death!
I'm looking forward to seeing Robyn Hitchcock at the Annandale tonight!
I don't fully know what to expect though. I mean, he's got a lot of folky music, and a lot of... Neo-psychedelic pop. I expect this performance will contain more of the latter, as he is touring with his band, the Venus 3, and his last 2 albums have been more of that flavour. I suppose I hope to see a nice balance struck between two different styles, as I've seen both Fleet Foxes and Okkervil River manage in the past.
Anyway, I'm sure there'll be some awesome tunes, and a couple of rambling monologues, which will leave me totally satisfied. But we'll see tonight! At least, I will. You may too, I suppose, whoever you are (though I know that no one I know has ever heard any Robyn Hitchcock, I do feel I should add that there will probably be tickets at the door, it doesn't look sold out).
(After adding that, I also feel I should probably add that I wouldn't exactly recommend Robyn Hitchcock to anyone that I know. I like a lot of his music, but I can't straightforwardly see any reason that anyone-in-particular else should. I'm going to plead agnostic on this one.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home