I haven't blogged in weeks, yeaaaah!
So many essays to do, Yeaaaah!
I wrote a Philosophy of Mind one last week, which I think was surprisingly good. Or I suprisingly think was good. One of those. Unfortunately right now, I'm working on one about about George Campbell's account of belief in testimony, and it is woeful. I seriously don't know how to write historical philosophy. Or history of philosophy. One of those. I seem to be rambling on about how his account doesn't make much sense, and all the while I have this voice in the back of my head saying "Of course it doesn't make much sense! It's 300 years old! This is not a particularly current view!" It doesn't help that not many people in the literature seem to think his essay is even worth objecting to. No one mentions it. Aaah, I don't know what I'm doing.
In other news, I'm getting excited by inappropriate uses of the word "Yeaaaaah!" recently. As in, in the last 10 minutes. Here's two examples:
a) The always classic:
b) An excellent Robyn Hitchcock lyric from the song Filthy Bird:
Look at the massacre on cable.
But you know it won't happen here.
We're all too busy watching massacres on cable.
Oh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
I can't think of any other examples. I'd better get back to this essay.
Okay, here's a clip of Filthy Bird. Mostly.
Aaah, I love Robyn Hitchcock. I gather this is from the Jonathan Demme directed concert film, Storefront Hitchcock. I would like to get my hands on that. Though I suppose it's all on Youtube.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home